South Korean pop star fans gathered at Soekarno Hatta International Airport in Tangerang and Bung Karno Stadium in Central Jakarta on Friday afternoon to get a glimpse of their idols.
K-pop sensations Super Junior, 2PM, SHINee, Beast, Infinite, Teen Top, Sistar and Eru arrived on Friday to perform at Music Bank in Jakarta tonight.
Indonesian singer Afgan and boy band S4 will perform at the event, which will be aired live by KBS World in 73 countries.
Event promoter Asia Top Entertainment claimed tickets have sold out, while other sources said high-ranking government officials and their families would also attend the show.
Saturday’s gig is part of the 2013 Korea-Indonesia Friendship Year, marking 40 years of diplomatic relationships between the two countries.
The celebration officially started on Friday with the ASEAN-Korean Festival, which was held at Balai Kartini multifunction hall in South Jakarta.
Organized by the South Korean Embassy and ASEAN-Korean Center, the festival presented chamber music, popular Korean TV dramas, and folk music from both cultures as well as traditional dances performed by the National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts in Busan.
The Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy also presented artists who performed Indonesian traditional Indonesian music and dances.
Korean ambassador Kim Young-sun expressed hope that the cultural exchange between the nations would contribute to extending people-to-people diplomacy and tightening friendships and cooperation between the countries in the future.
“I expect Indonesian artists to share the same stage with visiting Korean artists,” he said during press conference recently on the string of events planned to commemorate the bilateral ties.
Counselor minister Jeong Byung-hu said that the embassy had prepared not only cultural performances but also seminars on economy, politics and defense, trade expo, exhibition as well as food and music festivals also in Surabaya and Bali.
2013 Korea-Indonesia Friendship Year program schedule
- March 10 Korean Traditional Cultural Performances in Gedung Balai Pemuda, Surabaya
- March 28 Korea-Indonesia Business Forum seminar at Hotel Mulia, Jakarta
- March 28-31 Ceramic Exhibition at Casablanca Mall, Jakarta
- April 19-22 K-Pop Festival in Jakarta
- May Defense Cooperation Seminar hosted by Korea Institute of Defense Analyses
- May 28-June 4 Korean folk painting exhibition, royal costumes fashion show in Casablanca Mall
- May Korean Film Festival in Jakarta
- May 31 Art Exhibition, Classic Music Concert hosted by the Korea Foundation in Jakarta
- June 5-7 Lectures on Korean Study hosted by Korea Foundation in Jakarta
- June 4-5 Korea-Indonesia Forestry Cooperation Committee in Jakarta
- June Korea-Indonesia Forum hosted by Korea Foundation and CSIS in Jakarta
- June Quiz on Korea (preliminary contest in Jakarta, final in Seoul)
- June 13-25 Formative Arts Exhibition at the National Fine Arts Museum in Jakarta
- June Korean Products Expo (IT, games, electronics, construction machinery, cosmetics) at Mulia Hotel, Jakarta
- June CSR Forum in Jakarta
- June/Oct Korean Speech and Writing Contest at the University of Indonesia
- June 21-25 Taekwondo Demonstration, Asian Junior Championship in Jakarta
- July 2-4 Lecture by Korean Institute of Southeast Asian Studies in Jakarta
- August Port Entry Ceremony for Korean Naval Academy Cruiser in Jakarta
- Sept 17 Issuance of Commemoration Stamps in Jakarta and Seoul
- Sept 18 Exchange of Congratulatory Messages between the two Presidents in celebration of the date of the establishment of diplomatic relations in Jakarta and Seoul
- Oct/Nov Taekwondo Demonstration, World Taekwondo Poomsae Championship in Bali
- Oct/Nov Performances by Military Entertainment Team in Jakarta, presenting Korean artists in military enlistment
- Late October K-Food Festival in Jakarta
Early November Closing Ceremony in Jakarta (Hanbok/Batik fashion show, Taekkyon demonstration by World Martial Arts Federation, martial art performance TAL by Korea Taekwondo Association, Korea-Indonesia Fine Arts Exhibition, Korean National Ballet Team performances)
April 19-22 K-Pop Festival in Jakarta OMG I Can’t Breath !!!
cc : thejakartapost , repost by @yalialia / @keybum93